Learn some great West Los Angeles home decoration tips quickly. Moving to a new home is an excellent opportunity to change the ...
Furniture maintenance hacks
Relocation is known to generate substantial expenses. The average cost for an interstate move is about $4,300, while to move locally you will have to pay at least $1,400. Add to the costs of moving insurance, potential hotel accommodation, and airplane tickets. And that’s only the beginning. What if you have to do some major repairs on your new property? What about renovations? Maybe wall colors are not according to your taste, and you dislike the kitchen cabinets. After all, this is your living space and must be arranged in such manner that fills you with positive energy. Likewise, it should be designed to suit your daily needs. So, is there any way to lower the costs? Yes, there is, and one way to save money is to transport your old furniture instead of buying new pieces. Contact your local furniture delivery service Los Angeles and ask about the costs of furniture transportation. This certainly more affordable than buying completely new furniture. For this reason, we would like to show you some furniture maintenance hacks so that your tables and chairs could serve you longer.
Advantages of taking care of your furniture
Natural materials add a sense of warmth to our homes and bring us closer to nature. Additionally, the rustic look is popular again, and materials like glass, wood, stone, brick, and metal will help you achieve it. Wooden furniture can greatly improve the overall impression of your home, especially when you consider that some pieces could be regarded as works of art. The process of cleaning and taking care of your furniture will cost you additional time, but there are many benefits to it:
- Say you decide to move and you find it difficult to transport your furniture. It will be easier for you to sell it online if it’s in good condition.
- Quality of life. The state of our surroundings affects us greatly, and we should always strive to have a clean and organized living space. Decorations are also important and furniture plays a big part here too.
- Finances. If you take good care of your furniture it will last longer. It is as simple as that.
- Your health. Regular dusting will prolong the life expectancy of your furniture but it will also help you to get rid of allergens.
Wooden furniture maintenance hacks
Being a natural material wood is susceptible to external factors and physical damage, so we must take good care of it. Some pieces like antique furniture are very delicate and you should pay attention when cleaning them. Here are some basic rules that are worth remembering:
- Don’t use aggressive cleaning products as they can damage the surface of your wooden furniture.
- Use mildly hot water when rinsing applied cleaning products. Don’t leave it soaked or wet. Use a dry cloth to remove any remaining water.
- Use coasters for the same reason.
- Protect your wooden furniture from the claws of your furry friends.
- Try to limit direct sunlight exposure as it could bleach out the color.
- Remove dust on a regular basis an apply oil and wax to keep it shiny.
- Mind the humidity levels as they affect wooden furniture, and more importantly, your health. Consider getting an air humidifier or dehumidifier.
- Keep sharp objects away from your wooden furniture.
Upholstered furniture maintenance hacks
Soft upholstered couches are the perfect place to spend your Sunday afternoon with a good book and a cup of tea. They are also quite easy to transport, so you can take them with you when you are moving. You just have to find quality local movers Los Angeles. The only downside is that they are prone to stains and tears. Here is what you can do to protect your upholstered furniture:
- Vacuum your sofas and chairs regularly.
- Remove stains as soon as you see them. Again, try not to use aggressive chemicals, and pick a concealed spot to try the cleaning product. Additionally, don’t rub too hard and don’t soak the material.
- See if you can get protective covers for your model of a couch. Put them into the washing machine when they get dirty.
- Swap cushions and mattress regularly to prevent them from becoming flat.
- Keep your feet and pets off the couch
- Know your fabric. Read the user manual to learn what is the best way to treat your furniture.
- Consider hiring professional cleaners if you are not sure how to do it yourself.
Leather furniture maintenance hacks
Leather furniture makes our homes look more luxurious. If you take proper care, leather can outlast fabric by many years. There are a few basic rules about leather furniture maintenance that you should be aware of:
- Vacuum your leather furniture regularly, and make sure that you use hose attachment with a soft brush.
- Use dry microfiber cloths to wipe the dust off the furniture.
- Use water for stubborn stains, but never soak the leather.
- Apply leather conditioner regularly. It prevents leather from drying. You don’t want those nasty cracks on your leather couch.
- If you plan on putting your furniture into a storage facility, know that leather needs to breathe so don’t wrap it into plastic.
- For the same reason, don’t place leather furniture near heating devices such as radiators or fireplaces.
- Avoid long-term sun exposure because it could cause the leather color to fade.
Some additional tips
Taking care of your furniture is not a difficult task when you make it a part of your regular cleaning routine. Remember that quick actions are a life-saver when it comes to stains and tears. To make your job even easier to buy furniture made of durable materials. Get rid of bad habits like eating while watching TV, and use your kitchen table instead. Follow our furniture maintenance hacks and remember that clean furniture is happy furniture.