No matter the distance, moving with the family will require a lot of attention and meticulous planning, especially if there are little kids involved. Even with long distance movers Los Angeles by your side, you ought to prepare adequately. When it comes moving to Fresno, here are some essential guidelines that ought to guarantee a successful outcome of your relocation.
What is there to know about Fresno?
You will find the city of Fresno in the state of California, United States. It earned its name based on the abundance of Fresno trees that line the San Joaquin River. Fresno is the fifth-most populous city in Cali. It is rather close to adjacent national parks, with Yosemite being 60 miles to the north, Kings Canyon 60 miles to the east, and Sequoia 75 miles to the southeast. One can argue that this is a rather positive feature, especially for families. We are not the ones to differ. If you are firm on moving to Fresno, picnics and weekend getaways are looking up.
Speaking of nature heavens, several Sierra Nevada lakes are also at the locals’ disposal. Bass Lake, Shaver Lake, and Huntington Lake are all great for various activities. Fresno itself has three large public parks, two of which are in the city limits, while one is in county land to the southwest. These are simply begging you to spend at least a few hours doing physical activity. Biking, hiking, running and playing ball are all rather common with the parks’ visitors. When thinking about activities for kids, Fresno will be sure to deliver.
Are schools any good?
As schooling options go, there is a lot to choose from. The main state school is California State University, Fresno, while the private institutions are many. You can choose between two colleges, Fresno City College and Clovis Community College. People tend to praise the quality of higher education, accentuating the Fresno State and Fresno Pacific.
Which neighborhoods are worthy of your attention when you are moving to Fresno?
Before we delve into your neighborhood options, it’s worth mentioning that Fresno itself is rather safe, and has been so for the last 10 years. Whatsmore, some claim that its the safest of all 5 big towns in CA, including Sacramento, SF, LA, and Oakland. Although the city is still a work in progress, moving to Fresno with a family, with regards to safety, would be a smart decision. Now, for the family-friendly neighborhoods, these have made our pick:
This neighborhood is located on the outskirts of the city, giving it a much more rural feel than in other areas. It is characterized by plenty of open space, access to parks, a much lower population density, and quiet, tree-lined streets. Pretty nice for a family, huh? However, that’s not where its positive features end. It is also home to some of the best in Fresno with the highest graduation rates. In addition, the crime rates here are the lowest in the city. The only flaw is the rent. It is around $1,200 per month. Still, if you find that your job can cover for it, living here will also grant you closeness to some nice restaurants, like Lucy’s Lair and Papi’s Mex Grill.
Like the previous one, this neighborhood is also situated on the city’s edge. The feeling of living in the big city, whilst being away from the buzz and noise, make Hoover rather popular with the families. Although the rent prices are at around $800 per month, making them a bit higher than the city average, you do get what you pay for. Schools here are rather high-performing, and, as the rent, above the city average. The neighborhood itself is rather convenient, with Fashion Fair Mall and the diversity of shops and restaurants being close and affordable.
How to handle moving with kids?
The move is hard on anyone. Still, kids can find it pretty tough to handle all the changes the relocation brings. Try to follow these simple advice in order to make the move easier on all of you:
- have an open and honest conversation with them. Make sure that they understand your move is for the better. Try to portray this relocation as a well of opportunities.
- give them a chance to make any kinds of decisions, however small they may be. Allow them to choose and decorate their new rooms. If too small, let them decide what to wear come moving day. Which toys to pack, and which to keep for the road ahead should also be their choice. Any kind of action that makes them feel in control will be of most help.
- hire help such as moving companies West Los Angeles, so that you can address more urgent matters. When you are moving to Fresno with a family, there will certainly be a lot to do, and allowing a moving company to take at least a bit of load of your shoulders will pay off in the long run.
- take enough time to plan the move adequately. You ought to choose your home properly, time the day of the move so that it fits with your children’ school schedule, and have enough hours and days to pack. However daunting, remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. So, sit down, take a pen and a piece of paper, and start with writing down the essentials.
- try to include the meals around your moving day into that plan. It will be a hectic period so some meal preparing might take hold in the weekend prior to the move. Surcome to takeout meals only if there is no other option.
- yes, it is a stressful period and there are a lot of uncertainties. Still, try your best to stay calm, breathe and be optimistic. Like all else, this too shall pass, and you will be able to enjoy your moving to Fresno pretty soon.